Blog 15


Today we woke up in Porto Colom. Our plan was to finish up our biking and end up in Palma where we would have Augie’s bike returned and collect his original one from the storage unit. We were looking at about three and a half hours of biking for the day. When I got out of bed, I decided it was time to do my laundry properly. Ringing our my clothes in the shower had lasted me the entire project but I thought I should give my clothes a proper clean before I headed back home. I asked around and was directed to a local laundromat. In there, I put my clothes in and began to hang out with the other couple waiting for their clothes. At first we waited in silence but the lady soon opened up and commented on how clumsy I was for dropping all my clothes. I took it light heartedly and agreed. Soon after I left to use a bathroom at a nearby restaurant and when I returned it was just the man. He was looking through a magazine of cars for sale. I picked one up and looked through as well. We got along and showed ones that stood out or a really good deal. It was nice interacting with the locals some more. It seemed like once we got to Mallorca, everything seemed more touristic and there was less of a bond between travelers and locals. Once Augie and I began to ride we began to discuss our plans for the rest of the day. We thought that although we had things we needed to do in Palma, that those could wait and we would explore one more town for the night and head to Palma the next day. We found a town about two hours from us that seemed like it had a campsite so we headed that way. Once we arrived in the town, we discovered that our campsite was really in Italy (weird mixup). We did some more research and found a different place to stay for the night (sadly not a campground). Tomorrow we will finish up our cycling and arrive in Palma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog